Tuesday 27 January 2015

Workplace love


I feel very lucky to spend my days in such a beautiful place. A lovely home made from Cotswold brick, out in the West Oxfordshire countryside. It looked particularly beautiful at Christmas...







This little guy often comes to bask in the Winter sun on the windowsill next to my office.




The gardener, Darren does such a great job; today he took me for a walk around the gardens, he pointed out the newly blossomed snowdrops and the naked Rose bushes, Lilac trees, Weeping Willows, Zinnias, Marigolds and hundreds of other flowers and trees that are soon to come back to life. Darren grows a lot of vegetables and herbs, I took some Rosemary home on Sunday for my lamb roast - things taste even better when you know exactly where they have come from, don't you think? Darren has agreed to pass on some of his gardening wisdom to me this year, a little 20 minute gardening lesson a few times a week during my lunch break will work wonders, watch this space.

I can't wait to watch the flowers blossom here and see how the place transforms as the seasons go by.





"There is pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society where none intrudes,
By the deep sea and the music in it's roare;
I love not man the less, but Nature more."

Lord Byron