Monday 9 May 2016

Bride-to-be


Possibly the most exciting day so far this year.. I found my wedding dress! I had done a lot of research prior to this trip, I knew I wanted something specific, and thankfully I found exactly what I'd hoped for.

I found the designer on Pinterest and stalked her deeply until I finally went for my appointment; all of her dresses are custom made so I was almost certain that I could get something beautiful there, I was just a little concerned about my budget, but luckily we were able to find ways of making it cost effective.

I met with the lovely Lucy who strapped me up in all this body shaping gear and put me in the most beautiful gown I have ever set eyes on. I felt like a bride. I had only tried on dresses on one other occasion and hadn't had that feeling. This felt right. 

 I had my beautiful friend/made-of-honour with me, along with my mother of course. It really was a special experience and got me so so excited for the day I actually walk down the aisle to become a Molloy. Can't wait to do the same with this babe before her wedding in 2018. 

 In the boy's homeland earlier on this month. I love being anywhere with him but there's something special about the west coast of Ireland, perhaps it's the spirit of the generations of Molloy's that walked those lands before him that I should thank for him being here at all.