Tuesday 21 July 2015

Tuesday morning doggy social



Before I left London for Australia I always figured I'd move back there on my return, but since being back, I've been so against the idea. 

I went to London on Saturday for the first time in a while and while I was there I realised something; there are so many things I love about it, most significantly my wonderful friends who reside there. There's always so much going on, lot's of inspiration around, a load of fun to be had... but really, I just find it chaotic in a way, I don't know if that's the right word... I know that every corner of the city provides new surrounding and culture but I suppose the first and main factor you deal with is the transport, the populated tube's and road's.. It's that rat-race culture, the busyness, the lack of interaction with other people, that feeling of being alone and insignificant. One thing I really noticed this time, coming off the Overground at Hackney Wick; my mind was constantly being fed information from all over the place - signs, maps, posters, adverts, graffiti, stickers on vans and other marketing. That constant mind control. It's not necessarily negative information, some of it (particularly the graffiti) can be inspiring and pleasing to focus on. It's just that lack of option, there is no choice but to absorb this information surrounding us, whether we think it influences us or not. I suppose many people put their earphones in and block it all out with music, or call friends on their journeys from A-B, or try to keep their heads down in their thoughts. 

Since living in Oxford and spending more time out in the countryside - well actually it was living on Belka farm in Western Australia that really sparked my interest in the natural world - I find it so important to escape into the wild for at least a small amount of time each day. No human interference, just the open sky, the sound of the birds and other wildlife. A chance to breath, to wake-up, to clear your mind and find peace before getting on with your daily routine. 

This morning's walk was particularly good, as we bumped into 3 other people and their 4 lovely dogs - so all 5 dogs were in their element, as were we as we walked through the woods together getting to know each other, appreciating the peaceful morning.













The moral of the story...