Monday 10 December 2012

Carlton Draught please daaaarl

The prospect of having 2 jobs working 60 hours week does sound depressing, but I wouldn't change my situation. I'm grateful for my part-time bar job, not just for the extra money but I think there's a lot to be learned, and a lot of personal skills to be developed by working in that sort of social environment.

Meeting people from different countries and cultures, with different backgrounds and different stories... you are forced to find a way to communicate with everyone on a platform, where you can find common ground and create an instantly relaxed environment. Having a hardworking team of brevs alongside you helps enormously, that creates a relaxed working environment where stress is minimal and then your happy vibes are projected onto the customers, creating a good time for everyone, whatever side of the bar you are.