Thursday 13 October 2011

IBIZA




San Antonio represents the stereotype I've always had of Ibiza holidays - overload of young Brits, tanned bodies, shit tattoos, British bars, shit music, rowdy lads and lasses, pervy locals, pissed off locals, dirty streets and little to no real culture... This is where the majority of the Ibiza reps stay for the season, or where the groups of 18 year olds stay while they're on their annual boozers. It's alright if you're with the right people, after all it isn't where you are, it's who you're with. the right people can make any situation enjoyable in one way or another. Next time I go to Ibiza I will stay in Playa d'en Bossa - this place was better; here felt like the Ibiza people had told me about, better beaches, more focus on the music. Bora Bora, Space, Ushiaia and DC10 not far away. Much better than the West End of San Antonio (which reminded me of Malia/Zante all of those places don't appeal to me in the slightest). I definitely see the appeal of Ibiza, and I would go again, next time I think I will plan a long weekend of the best parties. Circo Loco at DC10 was my favourite, gutted to have missed Seth Troxler the week before!