Wednesday 29 December 2010

David LaChapelle


Marie introduced me to this photographer. I hadn't heard from him before but he is globally renowned. If you want to know more you can follow this link... http://www.lachapellestudio.com


David LaChapelle is a photographer, director of documentaries and a video artist; "his colourful, smooth and extroverted style is filled with sensuality, fantasy, and dark adventure, packed with accessible popular images, and communicates with a wide and variegated audience."(lachapellestudio.com)


"I feel that we are living in a very precarious time, with environmental devastation, economic instability, religious wars wages, and excessive consumption admist extreme poverty. I have always used photography as a means to try to understand the world and the paradox that is my life. There is the feeling that we are living at a precipice. My hope is that through the narratives told in my images, I will engage people and connect with them addressing the same ideas or questions that possibly challenge them. My latest pictures are a reflection of my earliest pictures. I reintroduce my personal ideas of transfiguration,regaining paradise, and the notion of life after death."

Brittany Murphy, so beautiful.